YOUNGSTER Alfie Wilde had the thrill of presenting his dad Richard with three prizes during Stalybridge St Paul’s Cricket Club’s annual presentation night.
Alfie, 9, was chosen to present the trophies after watching the team home and away, rain or shine – he is thought to be the only spectator to have seen every game in 2017.
A healthy turnout at Gorse Hall Road saw both senior teams celebrate solid seasons in the Derbyshire and Cheshire Cricket League campaigns but in particular the second team, who were runners up in division four.
Junior cricket was also celebrated as Nigel Corless hosted the junior presentation with entertainment involving camel-racing.
Richard Wilde and Pete Coxon were the main award winners with Pete also collecting the award for the league’s top bowling averages in division four.
If anybody is interested in joining for season 2018 whether it be playing, coaching, helping out on the ground, scoring or sponsoring, please contact Jamie (07920 056659) or Nigel (07752 897623) for the juniors. The club is always on the lookout for new members.
A full list of the club award winners:
- Richard Wilde: first-team batting, fielding and highest innings (113).
- James Brady: first- team bowling.
- Jamie Brownhill: first-team bowling performance (6-19).
- Adam Harwick: first-team all-rounder.
- Mike Hatton: most improved first-team player.
- Pete Coxon: players’ player of the year, second-team bowling,
- all-rounder, bowling performance (7-21).
- James Beswick: second-team batting, highest innings (82).
- Maurice Barber: most improved second-team player.
- Alex Wilde: second-team fielding.
- Keith Bowers: first and second team general excellence.