RESIDENTS are being urged to manage their waste over Christmas by checking when their bins are due for collection and by keeping up good recycling habits.Bins will be emptied as normal on Christmas Eve (Mon, Dec 24) but there will be no collections on Christmas Day (Tues, Dec 25) or Boxing Day (Wed, Dec 26).
Residents due a green bin collection on Christmas Day are asked to put it out on Thurs, Dec 27. Black and blue bin collections will be on New Year’s Eve (Mon, Dec 31).
Those due a green bin collection on Boxing Day should put it out on Fri, Dec 28. Black or blue bins will be collected on Wed, Jan 2.
Normal collections will take place on Thurs, Dec 27, Fri, Dec 28, and Mon, Dec 31.
However, if you are due a green bin collection on New Year’s Day, it will take place on Thurs, Jan 3. Blue and Black bins will be collected on Fri, Jan 4.
Please note there will be no brown bin collections from Christmas Day until Mon, Jan 7 when the full programme of collections will resume.
Residents are being urged recycle as much waste as possible to help manage the extra waste created over Christmas.
Here are some tips to keep waste to a minimum over the holiday:
• Recycle real Christmas trees by leaving out with the brown bin for free collection
• Use the brown bins for food waste
• Use the blue bins for all the extra paper and card
• Use the black bin for all the extra glass, cans, foil and plastic bottles
• Leave additional cardboard/paper out with the blue bin on collection day. Please ensure loose paper is secured in a clear or labelled bag
• Please park considerately so we can get bin wagons down the street.
The household recycling centres at Bayley Street and Ash Road are open every day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day 8am to 6pm
For more information visit the website www.tameside.gov.uk/recycling or download a free app – search Apple Store or Google Play Store for Tameside Bins.