TAMESIDE homeowners have the chance to cut carbon emissions and save money thanks to a new scheme offering solar panels at highly competitive prices.
Residents can now join Solar Together Greater Manchester – a solar photovoltaic (PV) group-buying scheme. It’s free to register and there’s no obligation to install panels, but the deadline is October 22.
Tameside and the other nine Greater Manchester boroughs have partnered with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) and group-buying specialist, iChoosr to bring this opportunity to homeowners.
Solar Together Greater Manchester – www.solartogether.co.uk/tameside – helps the region’s homeowners feel confident that they are paying the right price for a high-quality installation from a vetted company and allowing them to boost renewable energy generation.
The project follows three highly successful schemes run across the country last year which led to more than 1,650 installations and an impressive 35,000 tonnes of avoided lifetime carbon emissions.
Cllr Allison Gwynne, Tameside Council’s executive member with responsibility for the environment, commented: “I’m sure many of our residents will be interested in this innovative scheme which allows them to look into the possibility of installing money-saving solar panels but without any obligation.
“Like its partner councils, Tameside is working hard to reduce emissions. A scheme like Solar Together can only help us get closer to our target of becoming carbon-neutral, and I welcome it.”
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-vetted UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on October 22. They are able to offer compelling pricing as the volume and geographic concentration will make it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will receive a personal recommendation, which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If they choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on hand throughout the whole process and information sessions will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.